This daydream to be slayed is dedicated to Shéa MacLeod (also on wordpress) for inspiring it.
I'd like a bed in the antiquities section. By that, I mean the collectible books not books on antiquities. While Powell's has this great cozy old-book, library, coffee-lover vibe to it, this area is especially appealing to me. I find it quiet, comforting, and a little bit romantic. So, it would be my bedroom. :D
I'd have a private bath and shower installed somewhere. I wouldn't want a random shopper accidentally walking in because I forgot to put out the "occupied" sign. The privacy aspect would probably come in the form of alternate-dimensional rift sort of thing... just to be safe.
Shh, it's a fantasy!
I could lounge around the stacks, sip coffee all day and night, and have walking access throughout downtown Portland, OR. From there, I could easily hop a bus to the outer neighborhoods or even a train out to the many waterfalls, the river gorge, or even all the way to Mount Hood for skiing, snowboarding, or even the rare volcano eruption (eep!). Mountainous, forested outdoors with a neat little modern and hip city all neat and tidy.
I wonder if they still have the skateboard lanes along the city streets. I always thought that was cool.
We could easily make frequent trips to visit the broader reach of my husband's family, most with roots in the China Town there, and even, I believe, with direct connections to the semi-famous restaurant "Hung Far Low" who's somewhat phallic sign was saved by the community.
I could go on and on... but I'm trying to slay this demon, not engorge it.
This daydream is a tough nut to crack because it is an ultimate goal for the future for my husband and I... just after we have kids and have settled down some. We're still striving for those career goals and our relatively-newbie-love for our current residence is keeping us in NYC for at least a few years more... or as long as we can afford it - ~_~ooo. So, if any of you have any suggestions or comments to help me slay this particular daydream demon and thus help me keep up my productivity, I'd love to hear it.
As always...
Thank you for indulging... (me).
No comments:
Post a Comment